Allot Service Gateway Sigma
Evolutionary DPI platform, integrating network intelligence, policy control and revenue-generating services in a carrier-class solution.
Allot Service Gateway Sigma (SG-Sigma) is a carrier-grade, highly scalable DPI-based platform for broadband optimization and service deployment in fixed and mobile networks. As the next step in the evolution of the Allot Service Gateway approach, SG-Sigma is designed especially for mobile and next-generation networks, providing built in readiness for 3G, 4G/LTE and converged environments.
- Control costs through efficient management of 10GE and 1GE links
- Increase profitability by deploying services in the platform
- Obtain actionable network intelligence per application, subscriber, content
- Reduce service deployment complexity and time-to-market
- Ensure QoE for all services, including over-the-top
- Protect investment in infrastructure and pay as you grow
With 40 Gbps of throughput, SG-Sigma enables operators to manage high-speed broadband performance; to control infrastructure and operating costs; and to generate new revenue streams through the deployment of network and subscriber services.
SG-Sigma Feature Highlights
Core DPI services: Real-time and long-term monitoring and reporting, usage profiling and demographics, fair use management, policy enforcement, traffic prioritization and shaping, and QoS control.
Value-added services: The network intelligence provided by SG-Sigma facilitates fast and cost-effective deployment of network and subscriber services such as URL filtering (parental control), media caching and acceleration, DoS/DDoS protection, outgoing spam protection / mitigation, as well as tiered and quota-based services.
Extreme performance: Supports throughput of up to 40 Gbps and up to 40 million concurrent flows in a single platform.
Topology awareness: Topology and infrastructure-aware monitoring and enforcement capabilities designed to help operators manage broadband traffic and reduce backhaul congestion.
Online policy and charging enforcement: Designed for smooth integration and interoperability with GGSN and policy decision points (PDP) in existing 3G and evolving 4G mobile broadband networks. Provides online service metering and policy enforcement using DIAMETER Gx, and online charging using DIAMETER Gy and offline charging using DIAMETERGz.
Actionable network intelligence: Equipped with Allot`s most advanced DPI engine, providing Layer-7 application awareness with extreme accuracy at very high speeds and peak loads.
Flexible scalability: Pay-as-you-grow deployment reduces initial capital outlay and allows operators to add services or upgrade capacity at any time.
- Performance: Modular blades deliver incremental throughput from 10 to 40 Gbps
- Port Density: Up to 16 x 10GE or 1GE interfaces for network and service connectivity
- Subscribers: Supports up to 2 million subscribers per platform
- Services: Supports multiple value-added services deployed on hot-swappable blades hosted in the platform or deployed externally